Monday, February 14, 2011

15 Weeks Old

15 weeks old
on 2/14/11

Nola is 15 weeks old (or there abouts) and today was her first Valentine's day. I'm sad to say, we did nothing special except for the fact that I dressed the girls up and took pictures. Couldn't let the day go by without photos!

Nola is sick. She's got the cold that the rest of us have. Confirmed by the ped this morning and of course making me feel like I was wasting everyone's time by being paranoid, but whatever. She'll cough and cough for like 5 minutes straight and turn all red, it was concerning me. I also mentioned how she spits up EVERYTHING. I swear, she consumes maybe 10% of what she eats, it's ridiculous. So the ped gave us a sample of formula that has rice cereal stuff in it to see if it will stay down better. 3 feedings and 5 soaked bibs later, I'm gonna go with no, but I'll keep trying. Although, good news, when I was in the appt, I got a voicemail from my old OB saying that she got my note and she would call again until she actually got to talk to me. YAY!

I'm still sick with this cold thing, or whatever. I'd say it's more like sinus infection/bronchitis. I just finished my antibiotics today, so hopefully I'll stop snotting all over soon. Embry is also still sick, but not nearly as bad as before and she's about halfway done with her antibiotics for her ear infection. I got in to see the main hospital dr tomorrow and to give more blood for the hematologist (which hopefully the lab won't mess up this time). Then I need to sign forms to get all my medical records from st joe's hospital sometime too. I'm not complaining, but I am SO TIRED. I told Tony today that I needed to go to bed at 5:30. Now of course it's 9:30 and I'm still up, but you get the idea.

Oh funny story. So I can kinda pick embry up now, like to my waist height, but it's really difficult. So we went to a friend's bday party at a restaurant on Sat night. She was totally fine until I tried to leave. I had my purse, her backpack, and tony's burger in my arms. Then she decides to lay down in the middle of the walkway (inbetween the soda machine and the condiments), close her eyes, and say 'I go sleep now, ok?' I had to laugh. It was pretty hysterical. I got her to stand up a couple times only for her to get back on the floor and do the same thing over again. Then finally I picked her up and hauled her out the front door, no easy task, and scolded her. Needless to say, she went straight to bed when she got home.

Oh and Tony's surgery on Friday went very well. The most painful part seemed to be getting shot with the lidocaine air gun. And, bonus, I got to watch! Ok that sounds weird, but I love stuff like that, surgery that is, or medical procedures in general. Interesting stuff and oddly, Tony wouldn't let me take a picture of him with the drape over his lap. I can't for the life of me figure out why ;)

No comments: