Friday, July 31, 2009

Week 37

37 Weeks Old on 7/31/09

Last weekend we went up to Phoenix on Friday afternoon. About halfway up there the AC in our car stopped working. It was still cold air coming out, but it was barely blowing at all. It sucked. Once we arrived in Phx, we went to the California Pizza Kitchen to meet some friends for Jamie's birthday. Embry and Tony came in for about a half hour so Embry could give Jamie the sign she 'made' for her. After they got back to the car, I guess the AC decided to work again. It has been working good ever since, so let's pray it doesn't happen again. It's entirely too hot to not have AC. Then we spent the night at Tony's mom's house (Embry got a bottle of formula in addition to her bottle of milk cuz I hadn't pumped enough). I'm relaxing a bit on the whole formula thing. It's harder to pump now that my brother is living with us and if I don't have enough milk she'll just get some formula instead of me not going somewhere because there's not enough milk in the fridge. It's easier now to stretch out the milk since she eats baby food too. Although that never really seems to fully satisfy her. Anyhow, then we left on Saturday at about 11 to come home. We stopped at Arizona Mills on the way home and I did some shopping for Embry. Carters had about half the store on clearance and an extra 20% the clearance price. I had a hard time not buying EVERYTHING.

We went to Noah's 2nd bday party Sat evening in Tucson. It was great weather too. Windy and cloudy, so we weren't sweating up a storm. Embry enjoyed some cake frosting and riding on daddy's shoulders (her new favorite past time). We put her down 2 slides as well, she did not enjoy her thighs sticking to the plastic.

Sunday we went with some people from Young Marrieds to Mt Lemmon for a picnic and a walk around the 'lake'. It's more like a pond and I'm pretty ticked that there's no swimming allowed in any lakes in Tucson. We let Embry walk around on the edge of the water and she loved it as you can imagine. She's a water baby. :) Then Sunday night we went to church and in the nursery this girl told me that her aunt just had a baby girl and named her Embry, spelled the same and everything. Take that people who told me it was a dumb name! ;)

She really likes our friend's kid Noah. They get babysat together on Wed nights during young marrieds and this past Wed when he got dropped off, she saw him and immediately started shrieking at him. He was scared and hid behind his dad's legs. When we came home, the babysitter said that she chased him around all night squealing. Hehehe, I think that's so hilariously cute! I met Danielle and Noah at the mall yesterday for some shopping and Embry started screeching the second she saw Noah. Good times. :)

Embry can now crawl up 1 step. I was sitting watching TV and she was playing near the front door then I look back at her and she's on the bottom step whining because she can't get down. Looks like it's time to invest in some baby gates.

Last night I went with my sister to the presale at the Just Between Friends sale. I'd say that if you can't go to the presale it wouldn't be worth it to go unless you're just looking for clothes. I got a leapfrog music table, a fisher price activity push walker, mega blocks, and then other various toys, and a swimming suit/hat. This morning when I was feeding Embry on the couch she saw the new toys and kept eying them until I set her on the floor and she crawled right over to them to see what they were. I'm excited that she likes her new toys :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats for posting on time!

JoAnn Nehs said...

You didn't tell me that your AC went out on the way to Phoenix. I know how that feals. I'll pray that it keeps working. Can imadgine how you felt once you got to Phoenix. So cute that Embry like's Noah so much. love you.