Monday, July 27, 2009

Week 36

36 weeks old on 7/24/09


I'm really trying to get the blog done on Fridays, I really am, but it just doesn't seem to happen!

Embry and I had an interesting time in Costco this week. I went to get digital pictures printed, so I had to wait for an hour and look around the store in the mean time while the pics were being processed. Embry loves to scream in delight and she decided that Costco was just the place for it. She screamed and screamed and screamed. All happy, ear piercing screams, until I started clapping my hand over her mouth because people were giving me looks like, 'why don't you shut that kid up?' Then Embry got very upset and started screaming out of frustration. I wasn't about to leave without my pictures, so I tried to push the cart as fast as possible while looking at the ground avoiding eye contact with anyone. I tried to pretend that she didn't belong to me, but that's kind of hard when I'm the one pushing the cart. :/ Oh well, we made it out alive, although embarrassed.

Embry started stage 3 foods this week. They have little chunks of food in them instead of just mush. She seems to like them just fine as long as the words 'whole wheat' aren't in the flavor title. She will not even touch the 'garden vegetables with whole wheat pasta' or the 'chicken noodle.' We also got her some of the yogurt puff things which she likes a lot. I like them too!

She had a really bad night this week. She woke up at 2am and then cried until she went back to sleep around 5:15. In those 3+ hours I fed her 3 times and tried to lay her down in her crib twice, then we set up the play yard in our room, then finally moved it into our bathroom where she finally fell asleep. It was ridiculous. I was reminded of how it was having a newborn, not sure I would like to do that again. Now that more time has passed since having a newborn, it seems that it wasn't quite as bad as it was...although I know better...it was bad. As you can tell, I'm having conflicting thoughts about this more kids thing. We'll see.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh yes, my daughter screams in delight as well. Ear-piercing, this-kid-is-going-to-make-me-deaf kind of screams. But she's totally happy and playful when she does it, which convinces me that she just loves hearing her own voice. I don't mind it at home the least bit, but it can be awkward in public places. As for people giving you looks... good grief, haven't they all had children at some point or another?! I wouldn't worry about it. You'll never see those people again anyway.

As far as wanting more children, I know in my heart I want at least one more... but then I remember how much I disliked the newborn days, or suddenly my baby will sprout a tooth and drive me nuts with crankiness for days on end... and yeah, I do have moments in which I question my desires (and sanity). But those rough days do pass, so always keep that in mind!

Besides, it's not something you have to decide on today. But I definitely understand the whole flip-flopping on the issue!

Morgan Owens said...

I have also had conflicting thoughts about having another child. Mason is only 6 months old, going on 7 months, and it's still too early for me but the thought still crosses me mind.

I'm torn between the idea because I want him to have a sibling to have fun with but I also want to be able to spoil him and buy him his first car and things like that. I guess time will tell! :)

Iva Messy said...

my son is 2 and little baby girl is 5 months.... its tough and beautiful all in one! I think, just see what works best for you and your lovely family :) everything will be perfect!