Friday, July 3, 2009

Week 33

33 Weeks Old on 7/3/09

Embry started crawling this week! She didn't just kind of crawl either, she went all out and crawled across the living room numerous times. I was in the shower at the time and Tony came in with a big smile on his face and said that he thought I should hurry up. So I looked out of the shower and asked if he was having a problem or something and he goes, 'your baby can crawl!' I immediately asked him to take some video and, being the good husband that he is, he already had. He said that he was sitting on the floor reading a book next to her and she was on her hands and knees so he started patting her booty and she crawled forward. She's scrawling up a storm now, but occasionally reverts back to her army crawl. She can also stay standing holding onto something (like the coffee table) and today she pulled herself up onto just her knees and stayed there for a little while. She's gotten really good at occupying herself for a long time by just crawling from toy to toy and playing on the floor. It makes my life easier. Oh she will also walk for a long time while holding onto our fingers. She takes really big steps and gets all excited. Recently she started blowing raspberries and has decided it's really fun to do that while walking.

I sat down and made some baby headbands this week. I found stretchy white lace at JoAnn Fabric (in the past they said they didn't carry any, I'm not fond of their sales people). So I got a bunch of that and made a few headbands for friend's babies and make a couple new ones for Embry. On Friday I experimented and attempted my first korker headband to match Embry's 4th of July outfit and it turned out perfect. I was really excited that it looked so good. I figured I'd set the house on fire trying to make the ribbons curl in the oven, but I didn't.

We leave on Wed for Wisconsin and I'm getting increasingly nervous about the airplane ride. I saw a clip from Jon and Kate plus 8 where all her kids were having a meltdown on the plane and Kate just buried her head in her hands and started crying...that's going to be me. I told Tony that if she starts screeching, he will be able to find me in the airplane lavatory, hiding. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

JoAnn Nehs said...

The airplane ride will be fine. Don't worry about it. She will be very good. love you

To A T said...

Those bows are SO cute!!! I might have to try my hand at making some too ;-)
Hooray for crawling!!