Saturday, June 27, 2009

Week 32

32 Weeks Old on 6/26/09


Can you see the brown in her eyes in this pic?

For Father's Day we had my parents, my sister, her husband, and my nephew over for lunch and swimming. The pool temp has been hovering just under 80 since the start of summer because the weather has been cooler than normal. It was a tad colder than I'd like for a baby, but we went in none the less and had a good time. We went to the early service at church that day and, needless to say, I was super tired by the time the day was done. Tony and I had celebrated Father's Day the day before for him. I made him some chocolate covered bacon and bought him 3 PS3 games, a bacon candybar, and a chipotle candybar. We went to see 'The Hangover' (which I thought totally sucked) and out to eat at Chili's while my mom watched Embry.

On Monday morning I was hoping to sleep in. Embry was up around 8am 'talking' which I could hear over the monitor, but I always give her some time in case she decides to go back to sleep. She was still chattering away by 8:30 so I figured my sleepy time was done and I got up to go get her ready for the day. I walk into her nursery to find her sitting up in her crib, happy as a clam, playing in a puddle of poop and pee! Unlike the apple juice incident, I decided to grab my camera and take a picture. It's already on facebook, but in case you missed it...
I thought Tony's question to me later on that day was pretty funny, 'Did you give her a bath afterwards?'

On Wednesday we went to young marrieds and left Embry with the babysitter at our house. I asked her after we got back if Embry cried at all while we were gone (because it's around this age that a lot of babies have separation anxiety and my mom keeps saying that it seems like Embry notices when we leave her). So the sitter said that no she didn't cry, so I explained why I was asking and she said that Embry didn't really seem to notice that we were gone. I'm sure it's different for her if she's in our house or someone else's house though too.

Embry and I have gone in the pool quite a bit this week and Tony even came in with us once! Since it was over 100 for a few days it seems like that's all it took for the pool water to heat up. It's now at about 83 and feels perfect! I was thinking of buying a solar cover, but I guess we'll wait until next summer for that (which is the same thing I said last summer, haha). Anyhow, I'm really glad that Embry likes being in the water because it's soooo nice to be able to cool off on a hot day and spend some quality time outside. I feel like we spend a whole lot of time inside and I like to get fresh air every once in a while.

So I was telling Janell about this the other day and thought I should post about it too. There are times when I'm with Embry and I feel this incredibly overwhelming sense of happiness. It's almost like I'm going to explode with love. This sounds really corny, but I don't know how else to describe it. It's like I want to squeeze her to death and squeal with excitement at how cute she is and how happy she makes me. It's a feeling I've never had before and I guess it'd be hard to imagine unless you'd felt it yourself. It's an amazing blessing to be a mom.

3 comments:

JoAnn Nehs said...

You never really understand how much your parent's love you till you have children of you own. your a great mom Lea I love you. love mom

Melissa said...

I know. The love you feel for a child is so huge in magnitude and there's just no way to really explain it. It's the best feeling in the world.

That poop picture is hilarious - oh wow, quite the mess! And I'm LOL at your husband's inquiry ("Did you give her a bath afterwards?"). My DH would've asked me the same. I'm sure Embry is just going to *LOVE* that picture when she gets older. It's a good blackmail photo if you ask me, hehe. (I'm so kidding, of course).

Katie Sue said...

You are a great mom and Embry is blessed to have you! :-)