Friday, June 12, 2009

Week 30

30 Weeks Old on 6/12/19

Well Embry is still not crawling and she'll be 7 months old in 2 days. Not that there's a time limit on this, but I figured she would be crawling by now. However she is very talented at swirling in circles on her stomach at a rapid pace. She started going forward (kinda) in her walker this week. I don't think she understands that she has to lean forward in order to go forward, but she is skilled at going backwards in it. Here's a video of her going forward today...


We moved into the pampers cruisers this week. I had gotten a box of Pampers baby dry because they were cheaper, but the cruisers have the dry weave inside and the baby dry have an inside like Huggies (which I feel is less absorbent). We'll see how the cruisers work out.

She pulls her hair whenever she's nursing. I feel like she's going to rip it all out. She also tries to grab my hair any chance she gets, so I try to keep it out of her reach. I think it's soothing for her. We need to get her a dolly with long hair so she can pull on that instead.

I took her to Agua Caliente park yesterday. I've been wanting to do that for a while because I thought she'd like the grass and watching the ducks etc. Tony was out to dinner and a movie with guys from work yesterday, so I took that opportunity to go to the park with Embry. Beforehand I stopped at BRU and bought an umbrella stroller (the big one takes up my entire trunk). So she liked the stroller and I put her on the grass while I sat there and took pictures of her (too bad I didn't have my good camera along, but oh well, next time). She LOVED the grass! She also loved all the random tree droppings that she tried to shove into her mouth. I let her play with a big palm frond (figured she couldn't choke on that) and she would flail her legs all around to feel the grass on them...oh so cute! That experience is what I envisioned when I thought of having kids, so perfect. I also fed her pears while we were there. Either she really liked them, or she was starving, because she gobbled them up. Afterwards we went for a walk around the park and walked down to the second pond, which actually had some water in it. Then Embry fell asleep on the way back to the car, it was great!

Last weekend I was not having a good time with Embry, I just wanted to get some time to myself for a little while. So I decided to go to church on Sat night while Tony hung out with a friend and then I'd get to put Embry in the nursery. We get there and I go to the room that she normally goes into and there's nobody there. So I go to another nursery room and ask which room she's supposed to go in, the lady points to the one I was just at and I tell her that nobody's in there. She asks someone else, they say somebody is there, so I go look again. I make a bunch of noise etc, nobody is in there. So I go sit on a bench until church starts and nobody ever comes to man the infant nursery. I just ended up putting her back in the car and going to Target instead. After that it was getting dark so I took her to purple heart park in Rita Ranch. We walked around there and looked at all the amenities, it's a nicer park than I had originally thought. They have an ok sized pool, a sand volleyball court, 3 baseball diamonds, a couple of play grounds, etc. I'm sure we'll be going there a lot when she gets a little older.

So, I feel like I've aged about 5 years in the past 7 months since having Embry. Not only that, I also look like I've aged 5 years. I am attributing this to my lack of sleep. Before I had her I would need about 16 hours of sleep a day. Not like I was lazy and just stayed in bed all the time, I literally couldn't function properly on less sleep. Now I'm getting about 8-10 hours a night. Fine for the average person, really bad for me. Also, Embry screams whenever I leave the room during the day, so the only time I have to clean is after she goes to bed at 10. Therefore I don't get to bed until around midnight. In addition, I also feel like I can't pump until she's in bed because otherwise I'll be pumping milk that she would need to eat at her next meal. On that subject, I realized this week that if you don't disassemble the membranes on a breastpump to clean them, they will grow mold. Gross.

4 comments:

JoAnn Nehs said...

she will crawl when she is ready, and she is doing really good in her walker. I wish there was a way you could get more sleep. Babies are very time consuming aren't they. love you lot's Lea we are so very proud of you. you are a wonderful mother. love mom

Melissa said...

My daughter does the hair pulling thing too. Not only does she pull on her own hair while she's eating, but she also yanks on my hair whenever she gets the chance - and she pulls HARD!

Aren't little girls fun? ;-)

Morgan Owens said...

Embry is just too darn cute! She seems like a very happy baby! Don't worry about the crawling, keep in mind alot of babies skip that step all together and go straight to walking!

Miss Elimy said...

Hey, the twins have just this past week started crawling, she'll crawl when she needs to. Sebastian waited until he was almost 9 months old, and now is almost walking.

Sebastian scratches the back of his head and pulls at his hair when he's tired, and he's not bald yet!

Also, your body will make more milk for her, even though it won't make extra for the pump, don't worry too much about pumping during the day. Hang in there, you're doing great!