Friday, May 29, 2009

Week 28

28 Weeks Old on 5/29/09


Booyah! Embry is getting her first 2 teeth! I was sooooooo right about her teething, which makes me feel like maybe I kinda know what I'm doing? Anyhow, I was wrong about them being on the top, but whatever, I'm still right! So on Monday (5/25) I had my finger in her mouth because she likes sucking on it (and everything else) and my finger nail scraped against something hard. I quick stuck my fingers in her mouth to look at her bottom gums and sure enough there was a little tiny hole with the tip of an itty bitty tooth coming from her front bottom left gum!!! I called Tony over to look at it and we were both so proud of her. Also sad that she's growing up, but happy too. The next day you could see another little hole right next to the first one in the front right bottom gum. So, soon, she'll have 2 little teeth. I'm sure the bottom of her tongue is going to go raw from her sticking it out over the teeth all the time, but maybe that will entice her to stop sticking her tongue out? I went out and got her a baby toothbrush thing and some orajel. The toothbrush is like a rubber finger cap thing with little bristles on it and some baby safe toothpaste. She absolutely loves it! Once you hold it out in front of her, she opens up her mouth really wide and then if she's holding it, she'll fling it off of her upper gums over and over. Actually, here's a video!



Another thing she loves (which you get a glimpse of in the video) is the kitties! She gets so excited when they walk by or if they rub against her, she starts kicking and squealing. Then if she actually gets her hand on one she will occasionally pet them nicely but most of the time she grabs their fur on the side of their face and pulls really hard. This morning she got Sauce's tail and she wouldn't let go, Sauce was not pleased. So far we haven't had any maliciousness on the part of the cats, but the other night she was sleeping in her car seat and Sauce came up and rubbed on her foot then playfully bit her foot. Tony got mad, but I figure he didn't realize it was actually a foot because she was wearing tights. Point is, she loves the cats and I think they don't mind her too much either.

Another development is that she's getting the slightest hint of brown around the pupil of her eyes. I'm trying to find a good picture to show it, but maybe I'll have to wait till the next post to show that. The CPU fan on my computer broke, so until that gets fixed I can't use photoshop :( My bio teacher in college said that you don't have blue eyes if there is even the littlest bit of brown in your eyes. Maybe technically they're not called blue, but you can definitely have blue eyes with brown in them because that's how my blue eye looks. I doubt that her eyes will go all the way brown at this point in the game, but I guess it's still a possibility.

Tony and I had our 4 year anniversary yesterday. The babysitter, Sarah, came over to watch Embry for 3 hours while we went to BJ's to have a nice dinner. Tony got a pizza and 2 beers (he was quite thrilled with the beers and pizza) and I got a meatloaf sandwich with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. This brings me to another point...when friends brought us meals after I had Embry they asked what veggies I liked. I told them I didn't like any except corn. After talking to my mom, she said that she didn't like veggies either and therefore we didn't have them with our meals when I was younger and I'm guessing that would be why I didn't like them. Therefore I vowed that I would force myself to eat veggies in the hopes that eventually I might like them and even if I never liked them at least Embry would be exposed to lots of veggies. Well, I have to say, I think I'm actually beginning to like them! We started with a bag of frozen corn, carrots, and green beans from Costco and oddly enough, sometimes I find myself craving them! At BJ's, I had carrots, broccoli, squash, and zucchini and I liked ALL of them! It's a piddly little thing, but I'm so darn proud of myself! I never thought I could overcome my dislike for vegetables. I still have a strong dislike for peas though, not sure if I'll ever get over that one, but I've made great progress thus far. :)

I think Embry is this close to crawling. We set her on the living room floor and she can spin in circles on her tummy and can go backwards pretty well, but she's not so great at going forward. It's the same thing in her walker. Very good and going backward, but can't go forward at all. Maybe next week I'll be able to post a video of her crawling...we'll see.

3 comments:

Kacy said...

Well, I'm proud of Embry for all her latest developments, but I'm most proud of you for eating your veggies!!!! :)

JoAnn Nehs said...

I am proud of you also for eating your veggies, maybe your mommy should try that. adorable pic, adorable baby. Look forward to reading your blog's each week. love mom

Katie Sue said...

First: love the overalls on Embry!
Second: I am very good at making veggies taste yummy--I've converted Herb to many. So if you want some help, I'm here for you!