Sunday, May 10, 2009

Week 25

25 Weeks Old on 5/9/09

I'm so terribly sorry for posting this late, but it's been a rather hectic weekend.

Last weekend I went shopping with some girls from YM in Phoenix. We went to Culvers for some delicious lunch, then to Anthem to shop at the outlets, then to dinner at Carrabba's in Chandler. Let me just say, those outlets had some impressive sales! I got Tony 2 pairs of pants and about 8 polo shirts, myself 3 shirts and a pair of pants, and Embry a billion things but all in 12 months + sizes. I got her some really cute stuff, but my favorite thing was this strawberry outfit from gymboree. I normally won't even go into that store because it's insanely overpriced, but I went in and as soon as I saw the knit hat shaped like a strawberry I knew I had made the right decision. So then I had to get a dress, headband, sun hat, socks, shoes, pants, and a onesie to match! Tony stayed home to watch Embry while I was gone, then at around 7pm Sarah came over to watch her while Tony went to play poker with the guys. I got home at 10:30 and Embry was asleep, so Tony put her in bed at 11 when he got home. It was a really good day. I love shopping.

On Sunday I took Embry out to my parent's house to see my sister Jen, Jason, and Colter. Embry and Colter seemed somewhat interested in each other, as much as babies can be I guess. Jen and Jason got to hold Embry and we took a lot of pictures since it was their first time meeting her. I was only able to be out there for a few hours because I had to get home in time to church on Sunday night. Plus Jen and Jas still had a lot of organizing and unpacking to do.

On Tuesday we had the last MOPS meeting of the year. We got a cute group pic and hopefully we'll set up some play dates for over the summer. I'm excited for the MOPS family picnic on May 30 at Brandi Fenton park. I had never heard of this park before, but I guess it has a 'splash pad' for the kiddies which is free...sign me up! I love free stuff!

On Wednesday we tried out the other babysitter for YM. Her name is Sara and she seemed to do a good job with the kiddos. We peered in through the window next to the front door before we came back and she was sitting on the couch with both kids reading them a story, it was pretty cute. Before Esteban came over to drop Noah off I asked her a bunch of questions about prom. That combined with the fact that we saw a bunch of couples out for Prom dinner in Phoenix made me desperately want to go to prom again. I had so much fun at both of my proms. Why don't they have proms for people who are out of school? I love dresses, I love sparkles, I love dancing, I love prom.

I'd like to talk about the baby dedication, mother's day, grandma Ledlow and auntie Allison's visit, Embry's first swim etc, but then I fear that next weekds blog post would be extremely boring. I'll leave you in suspense and save those tidbits for next time!

1 comment:

JoAnn Nehs said...

What a bueatiful baby but them I'm her gramma what can I say. The swimming suits are adorable. And I enjoyed reading your blog as allway's . love mom