Saturday, May 23, 2009

Week 27

27 Weeks Old on 5/23/09


Embry had quite a time this week because she was sick. We went to 3 parties on Saturday and Embry was feeling warm all day, then we got home and took her temperature. It was 104. So I'm thinking that's an awfully high temp for a vaccine reaction and we call the Dr. The only person you can talk to when the Dr's office isn't open is a nurse hotline thing. The nurse says that a vaccine reaction can occur for 48 hours, so keep giving her tylenol and if it's not gone by Monday to take her to the Dr. Long story short is I got Motrin, called the nurse line again, they say not to worry unless her temp is over 105 (that's insane!) and she still had a 102 fever on Monday morning. I took her to the dr and her temp there (although it was an ear temp not rectal) was only 98.3 so I probably ended up looking like a freak. The Dr then said that since her lungs and ears were clear that he figured she had a cold and that was why she had the fever. After that point her fever kept getting lower and lower until it was gone completely on Thurs.

We also think that she might be teething, but we're really not sure. The signs would be that she sticks absolutely everything in her mouth and I think I can kinda maybe sorta feel some teeth under her gums on the top. Who knows? I certainly don't know what I'm looking for, but at least that would explain her fussiness.

We took her to my brother's graduation on Thursday and she fussed for the first hour, so Tony walked her around the perimeter of the auditorium in the snugli. She was somewhat ok after that.

She started on sweet potatoes this week. She kind of likes them, well better than peas anyway. She started to kind of lift her stomach off the ground this week too. This is a good step on the way to crawling!

4 comments:

Morgan Owens said...

She is so ADORABLE!! I can't get over how cute you dress her either! :)

Robin said...

I blame everything on teeth coming in, I'm sure that's Embry's trouble. I love the pics from her photo shoot. I'll have to get Olivia a tutu!

To A T said...

I just love that smile of her's. SO cute!

JoAnn Nehs said...

Embry get's cuter every day. The tutu you made her is adorable. You are a great mother. Love you both love mom