Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ultrasound at 10 weeks

IT'S ALIVE!

We just got back from the ultrasound and I'm pretty much in shock. It was the most amazing thing ever!

We got there and right away the lady at the desk looked at my video tape that I had in my hand and said they won't take video, ok so oh well, I still have my camera along. So after filling out a few papers (where our street name was Woof Berry, haha) we waited and then after about 10 minutes the tech came out and called "Luh-treese." I knew that was me, so we went back. There were 3 ultrasound techs in our room and I asked if we could take any pictures and they said no. Shot down again, but she consoled me saying that they would give me a print out. Ok, that's good enough. Then I laid on the table and apparently they were trying out a new machine that does 2D and 3D, yahoo! So the youngest of the techs squirted the jelly on me which made a loud farting noise and I said "Tony, geez!" to which the techs laughed. Then she started rolling the probe around the bottom of my stomach and voila! A little baby appeared on the screen! It actually looked like a baby too! As soon as we saw it, it started flailing its arms and legs like nobody's business and the techs were oogling about how active and cute it was. That's my baby, the cute one! So they took some measurements and whatnot. They said the sac was very big, lots of fluid, very good sign. Then we saw the heartbeat, absolutely amazing. I could tell that Tony just thought this whole experience was the coolest thing ever from his various reactions, I love my husband. Then they turned on the sound and we got to hear the fast wooshing of the heartbeat, also equally amazing. We saw the 3D ultrasound which I had to have the tech explain to me what was what because it basically looked like a vagina. The thing in the middle was apparently the baby. When they went back to the 2D the baby was bouncing around it was the neatest thing in the world to see my baby moving so much. I can't believe that there is actually a real live person growing inside of me!

I spent part of the morning working on the announcements/mothers day cards. I think they're turning out quite cute and now I have a wonderful little picture of our baby to put in each one, how exciting!

Here is a pic of me standing outside the ultrasound place, a 10 week belly shot, the best pic of baby Ciaravella (which will be going in the announcements), and then 2 more shots of the baby. The head is on the right and there is a fist in the front/bottom and one right by the nose (so you know it's not a weird growth coming out of the baby's face). :)




3 comments:

Rach said...

Yay for a great appointment! So happy for you. Glad it went well and that your joy has been multiplied by seeing your precious little gift bouncing all around inside your belly~. Exciting times!

JoAnn Nehs said...

HI LEA DAD AND I BOTH SAY WOW WOW HOW GREAT FOR YOU WE ARE SO EXCITED AND HAPPY FOR YOU YOU JUST CANT IMADGINE. ILL BET TONY IS GLAD HE TOOK OFF WORK LOVE YOU THANKS FOR SHARING YOU HAPPINESS WITH US LOVEM OM AND DAD

Oasis said...

hey, leatrice! we all are so happy 4 you! CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you have a good time with your almost baby! Love, the Neighs Family. HA HA HA!