Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Round 2 Tomorrow

My second dose of Benlysta is tomorrow morning at 8:30!  Which really means I should already be in bed, but I wanted to get one blog entry in before tomorrow.  I'm not nearly as nervous as I was for my first infusion, so I'm already ahead of the game.  For the first few days after the last infusion I was feeling better than normal, not a lot better, but a little better is good.  Then I had some different symptoms for a few days, which could have been from the Benlysta, or not, who really knows?  I had a lot of leg pain one day although I did ride 12 miles on the stationary bike at the gym that day.  Then I also have had quite a few headaches the past week, but only one bad one, the rest are just annoying.  I slept really well at night for a few nights after the dose, but that's lessened and I'm back to tossing and turning and my shoulder is hurting again.  I guess we'll see how it goes after tomorrow's dose.  A lot of people on the Benlysta forum have said that their 6 month mark is really a milestone in improving their quality of life.  I'm hoping it doesn't take that long, but I'm in this for the long haul!  Keep praying that this will help me.  :)

No comments: