Monday, August 5, 2013

Happenings!


Wow, it's been over a month since I posted!  I've been insanely busy and haven't had a whole lot of down time.  I guess I'm long overdue for an update so here goes! 

Weight loss challenge:  Complete!  I lost a total of 19 lbs and I can really tell a difference!  I did not win the challenge but my best friend Anna did, so if it wasn't me then I'm glad it was her.  Although the payout would have been mighty nice.  ;)  One of the perks of losing 19 lbs is that my lower stomach no longer hangs down over my pelvis, sounds gross, but hey it's just the reality of the situation!  This also means that the waistband of my underwear doesn't roll under my fat roll anymore, so I'm not constantly trying to pull it back up, woohoo!  And finally, I can actually feel (and sometimes see) some muscle definition appearing.  I was very excited to go try on shorts because I through for sure I'd be down a size or 2, but no such luck.  That was very disappointing, but I'll keep plugging along.  I'm still tracking my calorie intake/output with my fitness pal and managed to still lose a few extra pounds after switching to a lower dose of thyroid medication so I'm cautiously hopeful that I can continue to lose lbs.  
Before

And After! (disregard the fact that I'm not smiling, I was caught off-guard by shutter happy tony!)

Pantano MOPS Community Fair:  Complete!  It took place on July 27 and for the 2 weeks leading up to the fair I pretty much lived at church with the kiddos.  We had a great turn out and the rain held out until after the fair, so all in all, it was a great success!  We raised funds to support our childcare program for the year and hopefully some extra to go toward the convention team but income/costs are still being added up so we'll see where we are when all is said and done. 
 

Add caption


MOPS Convention = a LOT of fundraising!  Luckily the fundraiser I headed up (which was 4 buncos throughout the last MOPS year) is over and done with so I don't have to lead anymore fundraisers, but I still need to participate and help with everyone elses fundraisers.  There are 8 of us trying to raise funds to go to convention in Kansas City in October, and at about $750 each, that means we're doing a lot of fundraisers!  It's time consuming, a lot of work, and sometimes hard on my body but I'm really excited to be going to the convention again this year! 

 Mom:  she's healing, yay!  My mom was over watching the girls about 3 weeks ago and slipped after swimming and broke her shoulder in 3 places.  She's been in a lot of pain but my brother and his youngest daughter were out at my parent's house for the past 3 weeks to help out.  She went to the orthopedist a few days ago and he said that it looks like the bone is healing as well as can be expected and that he hopes to have her arm out of the sling in 2 weeks.  I'm sure she'd love to get the sling off, but I'm sure it's still going to be a long and painful process and I wish there was more I could do to help her.  It's kind of hard to help though with 2 little ones because I'm sure if all 3 of us went out there, we'd probably more of a bother than a help.  :/ 


1 comment:

JoAnn Nehs said...

You are doing a great job on losing weight, I can really notice the difference. Keep up the work. You will soon be slim and trim like you want to be.