Friday, April 22, 2011

My Hip

The dr said this:
-the bone on the inside of both of my femurs has died, but it should regenerate on it's own based on my age
-the femoral head of my left hip (the ball part) is deteriorating but since it's not causing me a lot of pain, they're not doing anything about it
-my right hip is fine structurally, so he thinks it's bursitis and is sending me to physical therapy to teach me how to stretch it

Overall I didn't like him. Might partially be due to the fact that last time my dr told me to go to physical therapy to solve my pain issues, I ended up almost dead. Either way, he seemed condescending and I didn't want to ask him any questions or tell him about my other areas of bone pain because he didn't seem to give a rip. I asked if they shouldn't monitor the left hip to see if it deteriorates more and he said 'well if you start experiencing more pain in that hip then you should let me know.' I said, 'so it doesn't matter how much pressure I put on it, walking, running, that's all ok because you said it isn't going to break?' and he replied, 'well you shouldn't be running anyway due to your other health issues, but walking and regular activity would be fine.' So I take this to mean, I've just got to deal with the pain and move on.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry that you had a horrible experience with that doctor. Do you think you will get a second opinion?

Unknown said...

Yeah Lea, sounds like this doctor sucks. I'd get a second opinion if I were you! Don't tell him what this guy said though if you can avoid it, because you want him to base his opinion on his own knowledge only. Maybe the new guy will order some more tests or listen to your concerns. Sometimes the "best" doctors are also the most arrogant, and I hate that! They can misdiagnose you because they think they're so hot! That has happened to me before.

Unknown said...

That was me, Jen of course.

Morgan Owens said...

Grr..not the response I was hoping he'd give you!

JoAnn Nehs said...

Dr's suck, I also think you should get a second opinion. Or at least get someone who might take the time to answer some of your questions. I am very disappointed that you got a Dr. like that. I wish they were all like Kedensky, he is great. (Is that spelled wrong? I can't wait till you go into remission, and all your problems get better on their own. You have had enough health problems to last you a lifetime. Keep smiling no matter how bad you hurt. A hopeful and positive attitude is what is the most important for you body to heal. wish you were able to get some sleep that would help load's. Love you Lea You are a great inspiration to so many people.

drfrancisco said...

Second opinion!!