Saturday, January 8, 2011

News

Well, I guess I should say something about Gabby Giffords. Being pretty involved in campus politics at the U of A, I was kinda 'in the know' about stuff. She always seemed like a nice person, never did meet her, but did a paper on how she was the youngest person elected to congress. Oh right, I remember, that was for the legislative internship I applied for in Phoenix. So basically I researched her since district 8 was our district. Obviously this whole thing is just tragic and shocking. I'm praying for her full recovery, God works miracles and he's been in the business of doing some great ones lately, I know he can work through Gabby too. About the shooter, who knows if he even went to the U of A, but I seriously pray he was not part of college republicans. Politically this is gonna have a lot of fallout and I'm sure those of us who are 'normal' (ie not extreme) will get lumped in. We need to remember to pray for those who become victims in this situation in other ways besides physically. May God be with all of them to comfort and guide.

Now then, moving on... guess what? I got my present for the next Mother's day, Valentine's day, Birthday, Christmas, Sweetest Day, recovery, being well again, welcome home, etc etc etc. And it is .... this camera. It is my DREAM video camera. I am so excited! Oh, our regular one (that I got in high school) totally conked out before Christmas. It'll only work when it's plugged in. We've been using the small digital camera to take short videos in the meantime. I hope I can figure out how to work it. Plus for Christmas I got an extended life battery and piggyback battery along with some chargers that coincide with this camera.

4 comments:

To A T said...

Leatrice-

Not sure what happened to her? I hope everything's okay- Her blog has been shut down for a while, I just haven't taken it off my sidebar 'cause I'm lazy.

Praying you get better everyday!!

Glen said...

Leatrice,

I am Sarah's uncle.

The shooter was kicked out of Pima Community College. Apparently he never attended U. of A.

He was most likely a left wing radical. According to ABC News, his favorite books were "A Communist Manifesto", "Mein Kampf", and "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest".

As various politicians and media try to blame Sarah Palin and the tea party, the truth will gradually, and quietly, leak out.

Glen said...

Leatrice;

You may want to visit this URL.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/gabrielle-giffords-Jared-Loughner/2011/01/09/id/382275?s=al&promo_code=B6DF-1

It is an article on the shooter from Newsmax.

MySiteMalixi System Development said...

Nice post!
I would know to know more about your blog. You may also visit my blog and tell me what you think.