Friday, January 7, 2011

Much Needed Update

Nola: we got her into the new ped's office earlier this week. Doro took both girls. They said she has excess mucus in the back of her nose/throat area and we can use saline and suction a couple times a day to get gunk out. It's normal. Didn't ask about the bump, but it doesn't seem to bother her so I'm going to say it's ok for now. We have an appt for both girls on jan 18 so we'll find out more then. And, Nola was 11 lbs.

Confusion: Got the meds figured out. Think the prednisone (steroid) taper is too fast. Have Rheum (lupus dr) appt on monday with the last guy I saw (who said come back when you're not pregnant). The main dr has been talking with this rheum about my situation already so she wants me to see him again even though the referral for the one I wanted to see actually came through. I'll talk to him about the taper on Monday.

The in home nurse came and the PT guy. Nurse will be back tues and PT is scheduled for 2 times a week for 8 weeks but can be changed based on progress. I have appts with the main dr for next week as well as a counselor through my insurance for me to just talk through things.

My back has been hurting. Some is the same as what I went into the hospital with and when I take a deep breath (which I can tell I have diminished lung capacity) I can feel some like zinging around the whole area of the main lung clot. I was told in the hospital that all the clots had dissipated, but I'm wondering if that's true or if there's residual damage in that area or something. I will as the main dr for a chest xray next week.

I fell this morning trying to leave for the dr. Basically my legs just gave out. Everything was fine, but I didn't realize that could happen. Oh and I've decided not to try the stairs again until the new railing is up. We have delegated the buying to our good friends and we're so thankful for the help.

Getting organized on having help here (or having the girls somewhere else) is going well but is a lot of work. I know people want to help it's just a matter of logistics. Issue I'm having is tues-fri 17-21. I want to give people as much notice as possible, but Doro won't know if she can do those days until Thurs (the 13th) and I don't want to suddenly cancel everyone.

I've decided to take this one step at a time (aren't I punny?). If I look at it as a whole, it's just too much. One thing at a time and it will get done. Oh and I got the checkbook figured out and all the mail gone through.

One thing I have to think about is my pcp and the first er dr who sent me home without xrays etc and if we should seek retribution regarding this whole thing. I love law in itself, but the idea of a lawsuit scares the crud out of me. Please pray for direction on this matter.

Ok that's all for now. Time for me to try and get some more shut eye.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad Nola is okay. My infant had that soft lump behind her head when she was younger. The pediatrician had said it was normal and it went away on its own, although I don't remember when.

Sorry to hear about your fall. You still need to take it easy, girl! I hope your back starts to feel better and that the clots are indeed gone. Hugs & prayers! Keep the updates coming.

Katie Sue said...

I'm glad they have you scheduled in with lots of doctors because those are some big questions you have looming still. Don't be afraid to be aggressive...you know, be Leatrice...about your medical care! You need answers and you need the best! I will be praying for pain and guidance until then.

Also don't worry about asking for helping or inconveniencing people. We want to help so we will do whatever, even if it isn't convenient ;-)

Love you my friend!

Miss Elimy said...

I know that the idea of a lawsuit is distasteful, but what those two doctors did was the definition of medical malpractice. They didn't take the time to listen and confirm what was going on with you, and the outcome could have been even worse than what it was. If you really don't want to file a lawsuit, I would research if there is any type of disciplinary board they can be called to, for the simple outcome of them not doing this to somebody else