Saturday, May 15, 2010

18 Months!



Embry turned 18 months old yesterday. She's getting to be such a big girl! She kinda runs now. It's more like a gallop/hop where one foot is always in front of the other. It's adorable. She's absolutely obsessed with Elmo. When she watched it, she goes into some sort of trance and can't be bothered by anything. She says probably about 50 words now, way too many to list and is quite talkative. She doesn't string together sentences yet, but it is fun to hear her say 'hi baby' or 'hi mama' or 'hi dada'. She also picked up 'See ya' recently which is darn cute. She's gone pee pee in the potty 3 times so far, twice for me and once for my mom. I think after we get back from Maryland we'll start potty training hard core. I'm going to get some pull ups for at night and hopefully we'll be out of diapers before baby bean arrives. We spend part of every morning outside. I'm so glad we have a nice grassy back yard for Embry to play in while I sit and read. She loves being outside, loves playing with sidewalk chalk (on the cement and on herself and sometimes me too), loves picking up as many rocks as she can carry, loves kicking and throwing balls, and loves looking at the blooming bouganvilla bushes. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I thank God for her everyday.

I was somewhat concerned with how she'd act around a baby, but my fears were partially put to rest yesterday. I watched my friend's baby for a couple hours and Embry was so sweet to her. She kept going up and saying 'hi baby', rocking her, giving her toys, cuddling her, and giving her lots of kisses. I hope she's just as nice to baby bean. We shall see.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

See, I didn't REALLY need a babysitter yesterday, I was just trying to put your fears to rest, as you say!

JoAnn Nehs said...

I enjoy reading your blogs, and looking at your pictures. Nice belly shots. You are doing great, keep up the good work.