Monday, May 24, 2010

14 weeks

so didn't take a 14 week pic till Saturday 5/22, but here it is.
On Thurs I went with my mom to my OB appt and we got to hear the heartbeat. It was between 140-150. I made my appt for the Ultrasound for June 17 (exactly 18 weeks) which I'm very excited about, but also slightly nervous. I have in my mind that Bean is a girl, so I'd be surprised if it was a boy. Everytime I buy Embry some clothes, I think, 'oh good, baby bean can wear this too!'

We went to Phoenix this weekend and had lots of fun. Thurs was Tony's sister's high school graduation, which in itself, was fine. Beforehand though I got to take some senior type pictures of her which was lots of fun! Afterward there was a mini get together at Tony's mom's apt and we tried to put embry down to bed, but she wanted to be in on the action so she freaked herself out and threw up all over the carpet. So, about an hour later, Tony went in there to get the tripod and she was standing there, awake, and moaning. So he took her out, we got a group picture, and then went swimming. Friday we went to Canyon Lake and after asking people, making multiple turn arounds, and talking to more people, we got down to a really nice swimming/camping area. Tony grilled some breakfast burritos and we swam and took a walk. It was fantastic and I'd love to go camping there sometime this summer which we're planning for the end of June. Also on the agenda for this summer...tubing down the salt river finally. :) Saturday we went for a bbq and swimming at Tony's aunt/uncle's community which was lots of fun. Then his mom watched Embry while we went to see the new Shrek movie (liked the other ones a lot better), then went to motherhood maternity (where I spent my $100 giftcard, yay), and then out to eat at a place in Scottsdale called the Chop and Wok. It was like a bar with some tables outside, but the food was incredibly delicious and Tony was impressed with their extensive beer selection. We stopped at wine store on the way back to the apt and Tony got a bottle of Mead (he's been talking about mead for like a year now) and cooked that up once we got back. I had a few sips (yes, call cps) and I have to say, it was actually quite good. Tastes kinda like apple cider. Sunday we went to church, met up with Jamie at Culvers for lunch (mmmmmm), and then went to the outlets at Anthem where I got Embry some clothes for cheap. Once we got back to the apt, I played a game of Cranium (where I lost, naturally) and then I drove us home.

Embry had her 18 month check up today. She's in about the 35% for weight (at 23lbs) and 75% for height. Dr said I'd be lucky to get 1-2 good meals in her a day, so don't worry about her not eating as much as I think she needs to. It was pretty uneventful and the next appt is at 2 years, so I'll take her and baby bean in at the same time. :) Fun fun!

1 comment:

JoAnn Nehs said...

Nice pictures glad you had a good time in Phoenix. You can't put
Embry in bed when there is something going on, how rude. She needs to be in on it. The pictures of Allison were great. When you get to maryland I hope you try and get some rest. I worry about you not resting enough.