Thursday, May 6, 2010

12 Week Appt

My appointment is today. I'm nervous. I really hope we hear a good strong heartbeat.

I was sick with the stomach flu, I haven't gained any weight, I normally feel my pulse through my back when I lay flat on my back (while pregnant) and I haven't lately, I haven't been as tired, I haven't been nauseous at all, my poo is back to normal.

I hope these are all the diminished symptoms just mean that I'm moving into the 2T and it's smooth sailing for the next 12 weeks, but of course, I can't help that nagging feeling in the back of my mind that maybe there's some other reason for feeling better.

Appt is at 11am. Tony's meeting me there. I'll update afterwards.

UPDATE:

Baby bean is alive! Woohooo! The nurse weighed me and goes, 'um you've lost weight' and I told her how I had the stomach flu. Then my BP was 114/60 and the dr measured my uterus (12.75 cm). She did the dopplar, we heard a heartbeat, yay! Then Tony started video taping, so here you go!




Beforehand I was nice and optimistic and went to Kohl's to find Embry a 'Big Sister' shirt. They only had 1, it was on clearance, but it is size 3T, so it's a smidge big. I took some pics of her in it after I got home and I must say, she's freakin adorable. I love my baby girl. Baby Bean is gonna be in serious trouble if he/she isn't as cute as Embry. ;)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Good luck with your appointment. I hardly had any symptoms in the first trimester, and the few that I had fully went away by 8-9 weeks. I remember feeling so anxious before appointments because of that.

I hope everything looks okay with your little bean. I'll be checking in later for your update!

justadrienne said...

Good luck, I hope everything looks great!!

JoAnn Nehs said...

I'm so happy that everything seems to be going OK with the new baby. I hope you can start to not worry so much. Leave the worrying to me, I've had years of practice. It was a good thing I was so busy when I was pregnant. I never worried once through any of them. And everything turned out fine. Love your blogs. Happy Mothers Day you are a great mother.