Monday, March 15, 2010

4 wks, 4 days

I took another test Thurs morning. Then another one fri morning, sat morning, sun morning, and this morning. Each time the line has gotten slightly darker. I am taking this a really good sign. Although I am obsessively testing, I justify it because I still have about 25 sucky tests that expired in 2009, so I figure, might as well use them now!

Thurs morning at 2:30am I got up to take a 'good' pregnancy test and then woke up Tony to help me take some pictures. Here's the one with our excited faces, I love how Tony can barely contain his excitement. Hehe. I think I was also oddly tired because as I was standing there setting up the self timer I was thinking 'isn't Tony lucky to be married to someone so crazy to make him wake up at 2:30am to take pictures of a pee stick?' and then I went to say 'step back a little' to Tony, but instead just said "CRAZY!" and then started laughing hysterically.
Also, here's a pic of the 'good' test from thurs morning.

Ok so here we go into the long and drawn out explaination of my trip on Thurs to the new OB...
I had to switch OBs because my insurance changed, so I went to the new OB Thurs (Dr Pamela Golden). They had actually rescheduled me from last week when the dr was called out on a delivery, but naturally, they didn't actually put my new appt time in the computer...so long story short, they had to 'squeeze me in' which meant waiting for a while and Embry getting super cranky cuz she was tired.

The doctor seemed really nice. She spent quite a bit of time talking to me about having lupus/pregnancy and the plan of attack. Basically, she's sending me in to get my blood drawn 3 times, 48 hours apart, which started last Sat, to track the growth of my hcg levels to make sure they're doubling every 48 hours (which would mean it's a viable pregnancy). That will really help to put my mind at ease. Then she said once the hcg level is up to 2000 (maybe a week or 2) then I'll have my first ultrasound. Then another ultrasound at 18 weeks and every 4 weeks from then on. After 36 weeks, she wants me to go in twice a week for a non-stress test. All of this is basically to make sure the baby doesn't suffer from intra-uterine growth restriction which is common with lupus patients.

Oh, another fun tidbit is that I asked her if she could tell me if my uterus is tilted (which pretty much everyone's is one way or another) and she said it was tilted forward, so that might actually be part of the reason why it was taking us so long to get pregnant.

First HCG was Sat morning, then the second was this morning. I went by the dr's office afterwards and they said she would call me tomorrow with the results and based on those she would decide if she wants me to go in for a 3rd HCG on Wed. I will post the results once I find them out. I'm feeling like this one might work out and yay, wouldn't that be awesome! :)

5 comments:

Morgan Owens said...

How awesome!! Congrats!! :)

Coco said...

Oh Leatrice, congratulations!!!!!

Melissa said...

I've been waiting for this post! CONGRATULATIONS & many sticky baby vibes coming your way. :)

Autumn said...

Congrats! :)

cara said...

So glad to hear it's going well. I know I already said this but I'll praying for a healthy baby and a good pregnancy.