Wednesday, December 16, 2009

First Sewing Attempts

So, Tony's grandparents, aunt, and uncle bought me a sewing machine for Christmas! I've been wanting to learn how to sew and was super excited to get some fabric and make something. I decided that since I was in desperate need of an apron (and it seemed simple enough) I would try that first. I downloaded a pattern from Martha Stewart, got some fabric and thread, and got to work. Tony told me I wasn't allowed to open the sewing machine until Christmas, but I couldn't resist. Luckily he wasn't angry when he got home and I said, "I made an apron today!" I really had pretty much no clue what I was doing, but it seemed to turn out ok anyhow. Let me tell you, using a sewing machine is a thousand times easier than trying to sew by hand! It took me about 4 hours to sew my apron. Then tonight I thought, 'well how hard could it be to make a mini apron for Embry?' So at 9pm I decided to try it out. It took about 2 hours and is cute as can be, but we'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if it actually fits her. I'm hoping it will fit her for a few years since at the moment she's not much of a help in the kitchen...unless you count hanging onto my leg and having me drag her across the floor while she cries...I don't. Here are some photos for your enjoyment:

2 comments:

JoAnn Nehs said...

Love the
Aprons guess I'll make myself one. Poor Embry she just want's to help you in the kitchen. It must be awful to be a baby and not be able to see what is going on up higher. It looks like it will fit her just great.

Anna said...

Leatrice!!!! Those are beautiful aprons! I'm impressed.