Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Survey

A Christmas survey


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? - Wrapping paper, I hate gifts in bags, it's like the person giving it doesn't care enough to actually wrap it.

2. Real tree or artificial? - This is the first year we have a real tree and I absolutely love it!

3. When do you put up the tree? - Right after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? - I wait as long as possible. I love Christmas.

5. Do you like eggnog? - no I do not, but I can make some good (according to other ppl) eggnog

6. What about Fruitcake? - I don't think I've ever actually had it, but it looks gross to me.

7. Favorite gift received as a child? - This is easy, a New Kids on the Block tape.

8. Do you have a nativity scene? - yes we have a precious moments one and a hallmark one.

9. Hardest person to buy for? - my mom and dad. They never want anything and so I have to guess what I should get.

10. Easiest person to buy for? - Tony, he wants a lot of things.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? - hmm, I can't really think of anything that was bad. There were a couple of things that I didn't particularly like, but the worst part about that is feeling so incredibly bad for not being as grateful as I should be to receive a gift in the first place.

12. Mail or email Christmas cards? - Mail and it's getting darn expensive with the cost of stamps and pictures and I'm fairly certain that hardly anyone even cares.

13. Favorite Christmas movie? - The Holiday (I also really like Christmas Vacation and Elf)

14. When do you start shopping for Christmas? - all year long when I find something I know someone would like and it's on clearance.

15. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? - Christmas, no, except for white elephant gifts. Other presents yes, I've given a giftcard that I got from someone to someone else.

16. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? - I love food. I love turkey in particular. I also enjoy sparkling grape juice and hot apple cider.

17. Clear lights or colored on the tree? - Colored, I do not like white lights for Christmas.

18. Favorite Christmas song? - Carol of the Bells is #1, but I'm also fond of Baby It's Cold Outside and Last Christmas

19. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? - I like being home. I like having family over. I like watching Christmas movies and snuggling under blankets. That's more of an answer than anyone needed.

20. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? - Yes I believe I can.

21. Angel on the tree top or a star? - We have an angel, it's beautiful, but quite heavy. We had a colored light star when I was growing up.

22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? - We always opened them on Christmas Eve because it is my brother's birthday. Now we do Christmas Day.

23. What is the one present you want most this year? - Hmm, well I got an awesome sewing machine, although with a toddler who hates to be in the office I don't know when I'm going to learn how to use it. Otherwise, I'd like to get pregnant...I think.

24. Most annoying thing about this time of year? - the most annoying thing for me is wanting to buy a bunch of stuff for people but not having enough money to do so and then waiting to see their disappointement when they open the gifts I got them. Oh and stores being out of stuff, like mod podge.

25. What I love most about Christmas? - Well, I love to shop and it gives me an excuse to do that. I love pretty much everything about Christmas. I love the idea that God came to Earth as a mere human and grew up just like the rest of us in order to be more connected with us. I also love Christmas lights and the tree and the food and the movies and just the general feeling of happiness and warmth that I feel this time of year. I wish it could last all year long.

No comments: