Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Tree



I finally got a real tree!!!

We had a few when I was growing up, but mostly fake ones and I have longed to have a real tree every year. Since being married it just hasn't seemed economical to buy a real tree when we own a perfectly good fake one. Plus being in AZ they're darn expensive. Now that we have a house (and a high ceiling) I really wanted a huge tree. I'd have liked one that went all the way to the ceiling (so probably 15 ft tall), but I can't even find one that tall. The tallest was 9-10 ft and at Lowes that was $99 which is insane. I saw trees at Frys (a grocery store) and they had 9-10 ft Douglass Firs for $39...so I got one!

My friend Danielle and I took our kiddos while our husbands were at work and got our Christmas trees. We strapped them to the top of her jeep and she helped me drag mine into my living room and set it in the stand. That thing is freaking heavy! So I only tightened the top 4 screws and then put Embry down for a nap and went to finish writing the Christmas letter. I came back downstairs about an hour later to find the tree sprawled across the living room floor. Yep, it fell over. I picked it back up (no easy task) and tried to straighted in out. When Tony got home we put lights and ornaments on it, then the next day it still seemed to be leaning forward and to the right, so we tied it to the wall. It still looks like it's leaning, but it's definitely not going to go anywhere.

2 comments:

Morgan Owens said...

I decided to not put a tree up but now that I've seen all my buddies pics...I'm sad! :( I think I'm changing my mind, I want a tree! haha!
Your tree is beautiful and so is Miss Embry! :)

JoAnn Nehs said...

very nice pics of you bueatiful tree and little Embry. She is so cute and funny, I love her and you to.