Friday, August 14, 2009

Week 39

39 Weeks Old on 8/14/09

Embry
is exactly 9 months old today! I have no idea where the time has gone and I often find myself yearning for a little newborn to snuggle. More on that later!

This past week Embry has gotten quite good and blowing raspberries and I'm continually feeling her little droplets of spit land directly on my face. Before I had a baby, that would have really grossed me out, now I think it's adorable. She getting pretty good at doing one handed cruising around the furniture, but still won't walk while you're only holding onto one of her hands, she immediately sits down.

Her hair is getting longer all around. The tuft in the front never fell out, so that's still the longest, but the rest of it is slowly catching up. I spend as much time as possible running my fingers through it. Mmm, I love her.

I think she might be getting some top teeth in fairly soon, but who knows, I've been wrong about that before.

Tony's turned 24 last Sunday. He made some delicious steaks on the grill and we went out to see GI Joe and to eat at Chili's while my parents came over and watched Embry. My mom got to see her lightning fast crawling first hand. It could tire out even the youngest person.

On Wed I babysat my friend Kim's daughter Haley. It was lots of fun to see her and Embry play together like little friends. It seemed that even with the seemingly endless supply of toys scattered across the floor, they were only interested in the exact toy the other one was playing with. I have to say it was much easier on me now that they are able to play together and entertain each other. They even took a nap at the same time. Of course Haley took about a 4 hour nap while Embry took her usual hour long nap. Why is it that she won't take long naps?! Anyhow, it was fun and I got a lot of cute pictures which makes me happy. :)

So, I've decided that as soon as I stop breast feeding (which I'm thinking will be when Embry's about a year old) we will hop back onto the TTC (trying to conceive) train once again. In all likelihood I would end up wanting another child and a sibling for Embry somewhere down the line and at that point I would have missed the opportunity to have my children close in age, so I figure I might as well start trying as soon as possible. I'd imagine it would still take us a while to conceive (if at all) and even though the torture of those first 2 months with a newborn is fresh in my mind, I will persevere because I know in the end it will be worth it. There are things I will do differently though. In the beginning I will ask for help. I will not suffer alone because I'm too proud to admit that I'm having trouble. I won't go through post-partum without a visit to the dr because I realize now that God already knows my faults and forgives me for my shortcomings before I even ask. I don't have to feel helpless and hopeless again because God is on my side and nothing else matters. So there you go, those are my thoughts on the topic. Plus, I have some freaking awesome baby names that I just have to use! :)

2 comments:

To A T said...

I just LOVE that dress she is wearing!! Does it come in my size? lol
GL TTCing again soon!! :)

cara said...

I've read up (and I'm sure you have too) on why babies only sleep an hour...sometimes they're trying to transition into deep sleep. Sometimes Hadley will wake up anywhere between 30 - 60 mins after going down so I just let her cry herself back to sleep and she'll sleep for another 2-3 hours. Just wanted to share if you hadn't heard of this. Glad you're going for baby #2! You're a great mom and will survive those first two months!!