Thursday, July 31, 2008

24 Weeks

Only 16 weeks left to go and then we'll be welcoming little Embry home! I can't believe this is all happening so fast!

The pain in my side is pretty much gone and I'm starting to think it was related to my back, but I will bring it up at my OB appt on Tues as well as the Rhuem appt on Thurs. I'm really looking forward to going to the rhuematologist next week, although most of the time they say there's nothing they can do, but I'm hoping to get some sort of relief for my back. We shall see.

So good news is at church on Sunday, someone I don't know came up to me and noticed that I was pregnant. The bad part is that it was a very very odd conversation from that point on. She asked me a million questions, all at a rapid pace, and they were quite personal/odd. She wanted to know if I was going to have a c-section or have it vaginally, if I didn't feel like I was alone anymore (umm what?!), if she pulled on my umbiblical (yes, that's how she said it) cord, if I was going to have an epididal (yes she said it that way), and then ended it all with telling me my chest area looked great and that I was very sexy. Haha, can't say I've ever experienced a conversation like that before!

The best thing ever happened at Target Greatland (where I spend a lot of my time) yesterday. I was all done shopping, then I thought, well I should go check out the baby stuff just in case. So I go over there and what do I find? This! A brand new Britax Marathon convertible car seat which was originally $279 on clearance for $134!!! I would have originally registered for a Britax because they are rated so highly, but they are soo expensive I never thought I'd actually get one. Well lo and behold, I have one now! I love finding good deals, yahoo! I also bought a cubicle for the nursery with some pink and green cloth baskets to go in the cubbies. Tony moved the love seat into the office, so the nursery is coming along quite nicely, it's going to be so cute!

3 comments:

Rach said...

OH MY GOSH!!! What an extremely odd conversation. Must hear more about that in person sometime. Some people are just nuts! You are looking fabulous, though. So she was right that you look great. Yay for the great deal at Target! Doesn't that just make your day. I love Target Greatland. Maybe we'll just go hang out there together sometime. :) See ya Sunday.

Kacy said...

umm...can we see some pics of the nursery?

Esteban said...

This is hilarious, Leatrice. *grin* I am REALLY curious who she was now. lol.