Monday, August 4, 2014

It's been a while...

I kept thinking that I needed to make a blog post, but I didn't realize it had been almost 5 months since my last post...woops!  Well needless to say, lots has happened since then.  I guess I'll give a brief overview of the major events starting with March and April!  

March:
  • Father Daughter Dance at Church                                                                                                          I guess Nola wasn't really being very nice that night (and I was told that at one point when Tony tried to get her to go to the bathroom she balled up the skirt of her dress and shoved the whole thing in her mouth in protest), but besides that, they had a good time.  They got to eat a yummy dinner, dance, take pictures, and the girls each got a special pearl necklace. 



    I love that they get to spend some special time with their dada.  We should definitely institute daddy/daughter one on one dates in the near future since it's obvious they really value his attention. 
April:
  • Walk the Loop for Lupus Walk                                                                                                                A few of my super awesome friends, my awesome mom, and my awesome husband joined me to walk the loop around Reid Park in support of Lupus research.  It was a lovely morning, a nice (not too long) walk, and afterward there were free chair massages, ice cream, snacks, etc.  My friend Niki painted mine and Heather's faces beforehand.  I got a butterfly since it represents lupus and purple is the color for lupus.  



     
  • Davis Monthan Air Show                                                                                                                          Even though we've lived in Tucson for 10+ years, we've never gone to the annual air show.  I think it was mainly that I didn't want to deal with it being hot, getting sunburned, trying to park, walking a long way etc etc, but this turned out to be so much fun!  I've always loved planes and so has Tony so I think that helped to get the girls excited about it too.  They gave out booklets with pictures of all the Thunderbird pilots and then Embry and Nola got to meet a few of them to sign their books and Embry is still holding onto that thing like it's gold.  It definitely helped that we got to park near the entrance and while it was a sunny day, it wasn't extremely hot, so we had a wonderful time!   

No comments: