Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas has come and gone



I'm so sad that Christmas is over, but my house is still all decked out in true Leatrice fashion!  In fact I've even put up more decorations (which I got on smokin clearance deals) since Christmas ended.  This is not without just reason of course since I'm hosting the MOPS leadership White Elephant gift exchange party at the end of January.  Woohoo!  Christmas for 2 months, yes I can deal with that. 

Dorothea and Stefan came down for 3 days for Christmas this year and we had a wonderful time just hanging out, playing games, and watching movies with them.  Then my family and Allison also came over for Christmas day and we had a delicious meal which is about the time I started to get a truly horrible headache.  Then we took pictures outside (which I'm sure made my head worse) and afterwards I tried to lay on the couch, but ended up going to my bed to rest.  Then some of our really good friends from YM/MOPS stopped by and I desperately wanted to see them.   I had just taken 2 sinus pills, 2 tylenol, and a percocet though so I was kind of in a fog.  I came downstairs and played a game of  'Buzz Word' with them while the kiddos had a blast doing 'Just Dance' on the Wii in the other room.  I started to feel nauseated toward the end though, so I went upstairs and never came down.  I felt sooo horrible and I was actually pretty ticked...I mean, why of all days do I have to get sick on Christmas?!  It's literally my favorite day of the year and I had family and friends to hang out with and I ended up in bed for half the day.  Not cool.  Whatever, I still had a great time before and after that so it wasn't a total wash. 

Our house with all of its lights, the ones above the windows are thanks to my brother!

The front of our Christmas Card
And the back!


We went to Winterhaven with our friends

Embry got to hang out with Gabe, her favorite friend.

And this is my good friend Niki


We saw Elf made out of duct tape

and lots and lots of lights

and cute hello kitties

And my friend Kim and her kiddos flew in from the East Coast for Christmas!

Reunited and it feels so good!

On Christmas there was a lot of lego building!

The girls really enjoy their new whale teeter totter

and Uncle Stefan spent hours helping Embry build her new Power Rangers Lego set

Tony carved a delicious turkey

and we all ate together in the dining room

Everyone who was over for Christmas!

and with hats!

before uncle Stefan left

Best friends together again

No comments: