Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A New Year

It's kind of my mantra to not wait until the new year to make a change in your life, but I also feel it is a good point to reflect on the past year and resolve to do better in the next one as well.  So I will do a recap of 2013 and a 'wishlist' for 2014. 

*2013: 
  • Started 3 bible reading plans...but didn't finish any of them
  • Lost 19 lbs and gained 12 of it back
  • Started Benlysta infusions for Lupus
  • Developed a sizable DVT in my right bicep
  • Finally got negative results for ALL blood clotting disorders
  • Started the foster-adoption process and then stopped
  • Improved our marriage through some couples counseling
  • Stopped panicking about getting everything done
  • Started to feel more comfortable in social settings
  • Stopped trying to control everything
  • Started trusting God more
  • Stuck (pretty well) to a budget

*2014:
  • Be healthier
  • Be less angry and more merciful
  • Extend grace to others more freely
  • Squelch the deep desire to tell everyone, 'I never used to look like this!'
  • Assume the best in everyone
  • Savor all of my blessings (especially my kids and my hubby)
  • Be encouraging

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

You are truly beautiful inside and out! You are amazing in so many ways. You overcome and stand strong in life's battle....You are inspiring and I am blessed to call you friend! Hugs Cynthia