Friday, October 15, 2010

35 Weeks


35 Weeks
Taken 10/14/10


Ok so let me just say, my back is killing me. There's got to be a nerve getting pinched or something. I've been taking tylenol, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to need something a little stronger than that. The bonus is I'm having lots of contractions, so I'm not much good for anything lately. To prove that point, I have about 6 loads of laundry waiting to be put away in my bedroom. It's kind of ridiculous. Oh and in additon to my cankles, my hands are now swelling too. Dr said it was fine and normal.

The NST's are all still normal, last fluid check was 12, and we have (probably our last) ultrasound on Tuesday morning before mops. That means Embry will be attending an ultrasound for her first time, wish us luck! I'm assuming she'll be fine since it's an eclosed area, but I've seen other moms bring their kids along for their NST's and everytime I imagine what a disaster it would be if I brought Embry to one of those. Hmmm, maybe Nola will be a super calm child...hahaha.

I had an OB appt on Thurs, everything was fine, but I thought she was going to start checking me and do the group beta strep test and she didn't. She said she'd start checking me next week (at 36 weeks) which I guess is the norm, so whatever. My body is definitely ready to be done with this pregnancy, but in my mind I know what comes next (ie, no sleep, total exhaustion, wanting to kill someone) and that kinda makes me want to never give birth. Oy.

I had my 27th birthday on Sunday. It was pretty uneventful. We went to see 'Life as we Know It' on Saturday night which was good, although I think she ended up with the wrong guy. Here's a pic of us before going to the movie.
Tony and friends from young marrieds spent pretty much the whole day on Saturday getting this swingset and setting it up. The getting it was the easy part, the setting it up is what took forever. I was very glad for all the volunteers though because it would have been almost an insurmountable task otherwise. We're still working on it actually. My mom came over the past 2 days to sand it and then stain it and Tony will be moving the rest of the rock to the front yard this weekend and then laying down the rubber mulch. We also had 2 people give us estimates for making a walkway from the grass to the swingset and enclosing the pool area in fencing. The iron fence is slightly cheaper, but not by much and the mesh fencing won't match the current fence, is slightly more expensive, but I think it's much sturdier and it has a lifetime warranty. I think eventually we'll have to replace the current fence anyway because it's all wobbly and then we can do the whole thing with mesh so it will match. I want the pool and swingset separated before Embry's birthday party on Nov 7th...so that's a tight timeline. I'll have to post a picture when the whole project is completed, but let me just say, Embry LOVES it! I'm sure we'll get way more than our money's worth out of it.
So I need to get Embry's 2 year pictures done and I think I want to try doing them myself. This proves to be a lot of work. I got a large piece of white blizzard fleece to hang from the back porch and use as a backdrop, but I'm worried about it getting dirty and also about how to make Embry not run all over the place. I think it's more than a 1 person project. I really want to get some maternity and family pics taken before Nola arrives, but that's going to be complicated and expensive. Maybe we'll just go somewhere like Target and hope for the best.

1 comment:

Ella said...

You are looking great! Can't believe you're already 35 weeks! And your daughter is such a cutie, by the way! Can't believe she's almost TWO... time flies.