Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Decade in Review

Yep, I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon and do this too! Let's see if I can even remember what I was doing for the past 10 years, it's going to be a challenge.

2000: This was my sophomore-junior year of high school. I think I started working at Target this year. I remember wishing I was old enough to vote because a fantastically interesting election took place that year. I started dating Phil.

2001: Junior-senior year of high school. 9/11 happened and I was sitting in my photography class on the computer when the teacher came in and said that the towers had been hit by airplanes. I remember thinking, 'wow, that's not a funny joke.' Then I realized, he wasn't joking. I stopped dating Phil and started dating Dave.

2002: Stopped dating Dave. Graduated high school. Moved to Ventura, CA 2 weeks later. I moved into a condo with a guy roomate named Brian who wasn't particularly nice. Transferred to a Target out there. Quit working at Target and started working at Petsmart. Dave moved to CA, started dating Dave again. Moved to Oxnard, CA.

2003: Quit Petsmart and started working at an animal hospital as a receptionist. Got fired for not 'liking my job enough.' Got diagnosed with systemic lupus in March. Stopped dating Dave who moved back to WI. Moved to Santa Barbara, CA. Started working at another animal hospital as a vet tech/receptionist. Got super sick from the lupus meds and moved back to WI in July. Started college at UW Waukesha.

2004: Finished freshman year in WI. Moved with my parents to Tucson in the summer. Took a road trip to CA for 2 weeks to visit friends. Came back to Tucson and started dating Mir. Started Sophomore year at the University of Arizona. Stopped dating Mir. Got involved with College Republicans where I met Tony. Started dating Tony in November. Went up to Phoenix for 2 weeks over Christmas vacation to stay with Tony and his family.

2005: Got engaged to Tony in February. Had eye muscle surgery in March. Got married to Tony in May. Went to rocky point, Mex for our 'honeymoon' where we both got sick. Moved into an apt with Tony. Went to Santa Barbara with College Republicans for the west coast leadership conference.

2006: Became historian of college republicans. Started the management program at Eller. Met some great friends Anna and Kim. My life was pretty much consumed with school work.

2007: Started TTC in Feb. Got involved in a Young Married's group at our new church. Graduated from Eller with a business management bachelors (minor in spanish) in May. Tony and I moved in with my parents and he started an internship at IBM. Went to WI for my friend Kristy's wedding in May.

2008: Got pregnant in March. Bought a house in April. Had family out for Tony's college graduation in May. Tony started working full time at IBM in July after we went to WI for 2 weeks. Had little baby Embry on Nov 14. Flew to MD for Christmas.

2009: Watched Embry grow up. Went to WI for a week in July for my friend Missy's wedding. Started to TTC #2 in Sept. Embry turned 1 in Nov.

I'm sure I'm probably forgetting a million important things, but oh well, it's late and I'm going to bed!

3 comments:

cara said...

Hey I used to work at Petsmart also! I worked with the "fish and small animals". That was actually one retail job that I didn't mind too much. You've been busy in these last 10 years!

Morgan Owens said...

It seems like you had a very eventful decade! It's amazing how much can happen and how much can change in 10 years! I hope your next 10 years are filled with lots of blessings and happiness. I had no idea you were TTC again..that's awesome, goodluck! :)

JoAnn Nehs said...

It made me tired just reading about how busy you have been in the last ten years. love you I think I have been sitting in my recliner on my heating pad, watching TV for the last 10 years or it seems like it anyway. I need to get a life.