Friday, October 23, 2009

Week 49



I can't believe that Embry is almost a year old! I'm getting excited/nervous about her birthday party. I am excited because it will be fun and she'll have a good time, but I am nervous because I always feel like people need to be entertained and I'm just not very entertaining. Tony is going to smoke some pork butts for pulled pork sandwiches (which are amazingly delicious) and I got the pork this week, but it's bone-in. I guess that just means it will be more work to pull apart.

I'm going to call the Dr to see if it's ok to switch her over to whole milk before she's 1 (it's 2 weeks early, I don't see how that could be a problem) because I'm down to about half a can of formula. So far I've only used the samples that I got for free in the mail and I really don't want to have to buy any cuz it's darn expensive. She's still being nursed in the morning and at night and I put her back to the football hold on the right side to alleviate pain. Yes, it's awkward with such a large child, but it works, so I don't care how silly it looks.

Embry came down with what I believe to be a cold. She's got a lot of snot and is coughing a bunch...it's icky. Tonight she kept wanting to give me kisses, not a good time for that, but it was hard to say no since I love her kisses so much. She's adorable. She pretty much only walks now, no more crawling at all. It's so cute to see her walking because she's so small, but she's turning into a little person right before my eyes. I love her.

2 comments:

JoAnn Nehs said...

She has those two blocks in her hands yet has she put them down since she left my house almost 6 days ago. That is so cute. And yes she is growing up. I wish she would stay little a while longer. they grow so fast.

Miss Elimy said...

I switched Sebastian at 11 months because we ran out of formula at like 4 in the morning. He's done pretty good so far!