Friday, April 10, 2009

Week 21

21 Weeks old on 4/10/09


Well Embry has another cold. She's had a dry cough since the last time we took her to the dr (about a month ago) and then this morning she woke up with snot all over her face, gurgling, sneezing, and gooing of the eyes. I took her to the dr because I knew that if it was worse tomorrow then I would have felt bad for not taking her in today (otherwise I'd have to wait till monday.) So basically he said her lungs are clear, so it's just a cold. She got her weight taken, with clothes on, and was 15lbs 10oz. I asked if he had any advice for getting her to take a bottle. Other than trying out nipples that are similar to a boob, he didn't have any advice. He said if she's hungry enough, she'll eat to which I said, 'well when my mom is babysitting and Embry is screaming, I'll have her call you.' :)

An incident occured yesterday which I debated telling Tony or not, but decided it was probably best if I did. I put Embry on the couch sideways leaning back in her boppy while I sat on the floor to put away some wrapping paper. I would have put her in her swing or something, but I was about to take her upstairs to change her diaper. Then I get distracted for a minute because some loon on Oprah was talking about mothers telling daughters about vibrators (hello!) and then 'thud.....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!' As you can imagine, somehow Embry either rolled over or scootched off the couch and fell onto the floor hitting her head on the coffee table in the process. So I picked her up, bounced her around for a sec, then started feeding her at which point she forgot she was even hurt in the first place. I got an icepack to put on her head, but after about a half hour it was barely even a scratch, so I'm guessing there won't be any permanent damage. Obviously I felt really bad, but I'm sure it won't be the last time she bumps her head. I must have really been having a spacey day because I almost overflowed the pool yesterday too, but that's another story.

Embry's tutu and matching headband are complete. I'm not sure I want to have her picture taken when she's sick though. I might take some here at home in the meantime while she gets better. I looked for some baby ballet slippers today at the mall, but did not have any luck. I'm thinking it would be a waste of money to buy some just for a picture anyhow, but it would be a nice finishing touch on her outfit.

She turns 5 months old on Tuesday. When I look back, I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I was just thinking the other day that I wish she could stay this age forever. She's adorable, she sleeps 12 hours a night, she laughs and smiles all the time, she can't really go anywhere (except falling off the couch apparently), she fits into my arms perfectly...I don't know, it just seems like I could live the rest of my life stuck in this time with her and be completely happy.

2 comments:

Katie Sue said...

Thank you for your honesty! I know something like this happens to each mom, and I look forward to the day when I'm feeling unbearably guilty about not preventing an owie. I will just open up your blog and remind myself that I'm not the only imperfect mother, but that doesn't mean I'm a bad mom. You are a good mom Leatrice! Don't believe differently :-)

JoAnn Nehs said...

THAT PICTURE IS ADORABLE AS ARE ALL OF THE PIC'S YOU POST OF HER. WE HAVE THE MOST BUEATIFUL GRANDCHILDREN IN THE WORLD I THINK. YOU ARE A WONDERFUL MOTHER MUCH BETTER THAT I WAS. WISH I WOULD HAVE HAD MORE TIME TO SPEND WITH MY BABIES. WOULD HAVE LOVED IT. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. LOVE MOM