Friday, December 19, 2008

Week 5

5 Weeks old on 12/19/08
(sorry can't rotate)

This week we flew to Maryland to visit with Tony's family.  Embry was a perfect angel on the 3.5 hour plane ride.  They had a bunch of extra seats on the plane so they let us take her on in her carseat and put it in the window seat while I sat in the middle and Tony on the aisle.  She woke up once to eat and feeding her was a little complicated but we managed.  The one part of the trip that wasn't particularly great was going through security.  It would have been nice if someone could have told me what was supposed to go where and how instead of letting me try and guess, but whatever.  It just took a lot longer than it should have, but we survived.  

She's been pretty well behaved since we've been here.  We took her out to Target and Kohls for a couple of hours and she slept through that whole experience as well.  I was worried about how cold she would be here, especially at night, but at target they had some big snowsuit type things on clearance so I got 2 of them for the nighttime.  They're newborn size, but still big.  She keeps getting her arms and legs stuck in the body part.  This morning when I picked her up she had her hand coming out the neck hole, she's so cute.  

I'm hoping that soon she'll smile at me.  I'd really like to get a pic of her with Santa while we're here.  She seems to take a lot more notice of people now.  She'll look you in the face and I kinda think she recognizes who I am...at least as the person with the milk haha.  She's spitting up a lot more.  Like today she threw up her whole meal two separate times, not sure what that's about, but if it persists I'll call the pediatrician and see what he says.  

1 comment:

Esteban said...

glad to hear things are going well with traveling and the little one. :)