Friday, December 5, 2008

Week 3

Embry 3 Weeks Old on 12/5/08

Tony went back to work on Monday. The first day was fantastic, I got a ton of stuff done because Embry slept for like 5 hours straight. The other days were fine as well, but I didn't realize my baby pooped or cried as much as she does. I guess it all hits you when you're home alone and that's all you can focus on. We still haven't put her in the nursery at night, she's sleeping in the bassinet part of the play yard in our bedroom. It just seems easier than walking down the hall 3-4 times a night. Plus there's no tv in the nursery, so I'd have a very difficult time staying awake in the middle of the night.

I took Embry to MOPS on Tuesday. All was well until I took her out of her infant car seat to go up to the front and show her off. She was ok for a little while after that with me just holding her and then she became fussified. So I spent about half of mops walking around with her and taking her into the 'cry room' to nurse her...it was not the most fun I've ever had. Then we ran some errands and I gave up about halfway through because it's really hard for me to lift her in her carseat in and out of the car and then carry it around. It's easier when there's a shopping cart readily available, but still difficult to get the carseat out of the car...I'm not sure I'm going to be able to leave the house with her alone if she gets any bigger, which is kind of inevitable.

I took her to the doctor on Wed because she seemed to be congested starting around Thanksgiving. I gave it some time to pass and it didn't so then I called the dr to see if I should bring her in or just let it go and he said to bring her in. In the meantime he scared the heck out of me by saying that if it seemed like she was having trouble breathing then I should take her to the ER. So, went to the appt, turns out she has a cold and there's nothing I can do for her but I'm just thankful it wasn't RSV. Big news is that as of Wed she weighs 8lbs 3oz! We completely missed the 7lb range all together! Apparently she is eating very well, so no worries there.

Speaking of eating, it's impossible to get her to open her mouth very wide which is painful for me and she's taken to what I call 'snacking.' She'll eat good for about 10 minutes and then just stop and move her head away. I'll try to get her to keep eating because I know she'll be hungry in an hour and then I'll be ticked, but she won't have any of that. I've decided that she can eat for as long as she wants, but I won't be feeding her again until about 3 hours has passed. Hopefully she will figure out that maybe she should eat for more than 10 minutes at a time this way. Bleh.

In other news, I'd like to get some sleep. There is soooooo much to do and I can't possibly waste valuable daytime sleeping when Embry is sleeping and then at night I pretty much, well, let's not talk about the nighttime. She's a good sleeper at night, so I can't complain there. Let's just say that I need some sleep, end of story.

Everything is coming up so fast...
12/13: Christmas in Phx with Tony's Family
12/14: Christmas party at our house
12/16: Fly to Maryland

HELP!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lea,

I Love my new niece, she is beautiful. I am so proud of you! You will be the greatest MOM in the world!

Your Big Sis,

Nancy Nehs