Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Weight Loss Challenge

Well, we're in week 6 of my 12 week weight loss challenge.  I have so far lost 8lbs which brings me down to 182.  This makes me happy, however, I just watched a video of myself in a swimsuit playing with the kids in the lake when we were camping this weekend and holy cow, that could drive someone to drink.  I guess I don't think I look too bad until times when I see myself like that and then it's just so incredibly depressing.  It's almost as if 8lbs doesn't matter at all if you started out at 190lbs.

I started tracking my calories with the myfitnesspal app.  I'm leatricefay if  anyone wants to be 'friends' on there.  I've successfully stayed under 1200 calories/day for 4 days but we had camping inbetween and believe me, I did not count calories while I was camping!  Compared to what a person normally eats in a day, staying under 1200 calories is cutting your food intake at least in half, probably more.  Needless to say, it's pretty boring.  I'm constantly telling myself that I eat to live, I don't live to eat and therefore can exist on the 'bare minimum' just fine. 

I'm pretty confident that I will not win this challenge as I'm only at 4.5% of body weight lost and we're almost halfway through, but I'll keep plugging away and hopefully someday I won't look like the Michelin Man when I wear a swimming suit.   

Here are a few pics from camping: 








No comments: