Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Endocrinologist

 As you may notice, finally changed my blog title.  Here is the inspiration...
Proof of Your Love
I love this song.  It embodies all that it should be to be a Christian.  Only love remains in the end and all that I do with my life and every word I speak, I want it to show Jesus's love to others.  It's the least I can do in return for all He's done for me.

This morning, one of the zumba instructors at the Y said that her husband was on life support in ICU because his liver and kidneys were failing.  She said she just had to get out of there so she came to zumba.  She was so strong the whole time, then afterwards a bunch of us went up to hug her and she just broke down crying, oh my heart just breaks for her, so please pray for her and her husband.  I really pray that they can feel God's love through all of this.  Life is so fragile and fleeting. 

I had the appt with the endocrinologist yesterday and I'd say it went pretty well.  He didn't seem like an idiot, so I'm calling it a win!  He was very nice and seemed knowledgeable. The end result was that he thinks my pituitary gland may be damaged either from all the blood clots (hmm I remember asking my PCP about that) or from hemorrhaging after I had Nola.  I guess since your blood volume doubles during pregnancy, your pituitary glad enlarges during pregnancy so if you have a sudden drop in blood pressure (like when you hemorrhage) it can damage the gland.  So he took 6 vials of blood to run a ton of tests.  He also said, 'I'll definitely make sure to check your growth hormone' which is another thing I asked my PCP about and she told me that in all her years practicing medicine she's only had one person on growth hormone supplements and she didn't see the point of even checking it on me.  Take that PCP! Anyhow, he also said depending on what the blood tests show which we should get by the end of the week, he would like to order an MRI.  I'm supposed to go to St. Joe's and release all of the imaging I had done there to him so he can look it over.

The plumbers started tearing our house apart yesterday as well.  There are about 30 big spots of drywall missing all over.  Kitchen ceiling, dining room ceiling, bathroom downstairs, garage, laundry room, office, master bedroom, and both upstairs bathrooms. They have off tomorrow so they'll start back up on Thurs.  They started placing the new pipe downstairs this afternoon, but it should take about 7 days total.  Then we get to paint all the drywall patches.  Joy.  ;)  I brought the girls home for lunch today after doing zumba and a swimming playdate and the entire dining room/kitchen/living area was covered in plastic tarps...so it's a good thing I had picked up something to eat on the way home otherwise we would have had to wait quite a while for me to get into the kitchen.

Our good friend from young marrieds, Scott, came home from his year long tour in South Korea with the air force this afternoon.  A bunch of us went to the airport to meet him.  It made me so happy and I'm just a friend, I can't imagine how his wife (Janell) felt, but this picture captures her excitement of seeing him:
 and of course pics of the girls showing their American Pride!

Ah, I love our country and I love being FREE!  Wooo!

1 comment:

cara said...

Love the blog makeover. And I'm glad this new dr seems better. I'm praying he can help you out.