Tuesday, June 5, 2012

My dr is a Quack

So still haven't lost weight after working out for roughly 4 days a week at the gym for 6 weeks. Plus my hips started to hurt again and my period went funky, so of course I make a dr appt and go my own online research (I mean who wouldn't after the dr of death experience?!). So I go in armed with all my info and she's soooo slow...which could be a good sign, but then when after a half hour of me mostly waiting for her to type up stuff in her laptop I say, 'you ready for the next issue?'. And she says, 'you're killing me, fine, but I only have time for one more.'. I felt like telling her that she was the one that wasted all my time and maybe since she's so slow, next time I'll make 2 back to back appts do we can actually cover everything. I refrained.

Basically I tell her that I'm not losing weight and I think my thyroid might be messed up again. Then I lead into, do you think my pituitary gland could have been damaged when I had all the blood clots from lack of blood flow and it sent my hormones out of whack? She goes, 'well I don't really see the connection, blah blah blah, but I guess maybe I could try to send you to an endocrine dr....pause...thinking thinking...yeh I guess we could try that.'. Then I go, 'GREAT! Let's do that! Fantastic!'.

By this time I'm ready to scream or cry, I can't decide which, so we move onto the she doesn't have time for me thing and I tell her that between my spine and right shoulder blade has been tingling a LOT. She checks my range of motion and says, 'looks good, I guess I'd just monitor that, let me know if it keeps up.'. Then tells me to let it swing loose ever once in a while stretch out the tendon. Thanks doc, you're a real help.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Time for a new doctor again?

kchacon said...

You have to be persistent yet polite patient which never quite goes away to get the proper attention I think.

Ugh w/ doctors nowadays!!!

JoAnn Nehs said...

couldn't you go to the ruematologist to address some of those things. I think with Lupus problems they just don't know what to do. It is a very misunderstood disease. No one seems to care do they. Wish they could get those problems fixed for you, has got to be very frustrating. Could you ask them to send you to the Mayo Clinic I think they have one in Phoenix. Still praying for God to heal all those problems, and the Lupus.

JoAnn Nehs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kchacon said...

So, how's the persistent patient doing? ; )