Sunday, May 6, 2012

I am SO not ok with this!

So what the heck?  Still working out and not only have I not lost weight, but get this, I went up 2 sizes all because of my big old fat belly!  I just went to Target to get some more fat clothes for summer and I am just disgusted.  I initially brought in size 12 and size 14 shorts/skirts.  The 12's were a joke, and the 14's were even funnier because they were also nowhere near buttoning.  Oh but everything except the waist was WAY too big.  Begrudgingly moved on to size 16...could button if I tried really hard and then had a muffin top AND bottom...bulge above the waistband and below the waistband.  Then, as I tried to hide the size label in case I see anyone I know (it was the Target post-church crowd after all), I put on the size 18 (mind you the biggest size before going into the 'plus' section).  Fits around the waist and looks ridiculously large everywhere else.  This bites.

4 comments:

Kristy said...

Hang in there! It takes time to lose weight and as long as you keep it up you will see the progress you want. Also i think whoever designs clothes are not normal body sizes as the waist is always the part that is tight for me too and everything else looks baggy, doesn't make any sense

cara said...

Keep at it! You can do it!

JoAnn Nehs said...

Lea keep on working at it, I know if anyone can do it you can. You can do anything if you set your mind to it. Don't give up. You may have to stoop to starving yourself a little or stop all eating out and junk foods and soda. and just eat stuff that is healthy for you. I can only imadgine how hard this would be as I'm the worst eater ever. I would also like to lose weight and tone up but I don not have the resolve that you do, Keep up the good work I think you are looking better. When you first start working out you usually gain weight as muscle weighs more that fat. Keep up the good work. When you get thin again you will have a much greater compassion and understanding of people who are overweight. Right! love you mom

JoAnn Nehs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.