Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pituitary Gland?

I talked to the dr about my hormones the other day and she wanted to recheck my thyroid first to make sure it was still in range. She said if it wasn't, that would explain all my symptoms (since messed up thyroid levels can mess up your hormone levels as well). So, they did the blood tests and I found out on Friday that the TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) is low, the T4 level is low, and the T3 level is on the low side of normal. I found an interesting chart online which explains it:




























So now I'm wondering if there might be something wrong with my pituitary gland. The internet says that it can get damaged from blood loss or child birth etc. Anyhow, the dr increased my dose of thyroid medication so I'm really hoping it will finally do something. I'm sooo over this whole being fat thing.

No comments: