Friday, March 25, 2011

19 weeks old

lounging in our pjs
(or banamas as Embry calls them)

My littlest girly is 19 weeks old!

Nola's still not rolling over. I've given up trying to move her along, I'm sure one day it'll just happen. In the meantime, Embry has taken to shoving Nola's butt off to the side and telling her to roll over. Nola has also figured out that she can make a lot of noise by screeching. I tried to get it on video, but so far, no success. She was supposed to have her 4 month check up yesterday, but it got rescheduled to this coming Tuesday.

We tried to get Embry to do a somersault, but she doesn't get it. If we help her, she does it, if not then she just rolls over to the side and yells, 'look at me, I did it!' Oh and she's almost always going poo poo in the potty now and when she does something right she says 'say yay for me!' Her imagination has exploded and she is constantly talking to her imaginary friends from Dora and Diego.

So I have to call my insurance company with my daily weight and blood pressure reading and I'm getting pretty tired of it. I understand they're trying to keep track of this to ensure I'm not retaining water etc but every time I report it, they call me back and ask me about my weight. Basically, they want to know why I weigh so much. Argh. I thought it was because of the steroids, but since I stopped those 2 weeks ago, I figured the weight would be coming off by now. Also our scale is messed up. I'll step on it once and it'll say 146, then 1 minute later it will say 152...I'm pretty sure that's not possible. While I'm on a rant, I'd like to say that I'm in a world of pain. It's my hips. You know how when you're pregnant you get really bad charlie horses? Well while I'm sleeping, that will happen, only it's in my butt, through my hip, and up my back. My house is in a constant state of disarray as well. Imagine how many times a mom bends down to the floor everyday? Well, I can't and therefore, whatever lands on the floor tends to stay there. I'm still waiting to hear about the hip mri. I should probably call them today and figure out what's going on.

Good news! It seems that Mello Yello (the coke version of Mt Dew) is becoming regularly available in the southwest. I found some at Walmart a few weeks ago and just about did a happy dance in the middle of the aisle. Then I went to the grocery store yesterday and behold, there was Mello Yello sitting in the soda section. YAHOO!

3 comments:

JoAnn Nehs said...

Lea I wish there was some way I could help you. Seems like I can't even help myself lately. I have been very tired also. It breaks my heart to hear how much pain you are in, I know exactly how you feel. My pain med's are not working very good anymore. You become immune to them after so long. You are going to have to really stand up for yourself if you feel like you need tests and need them done soon make sure they are understanding you so something doesn't happen like the last time when they were not listening to you. How about if I come in and clean your house once a week would that help? I know how it bothers you to have a messy house and not be able to bend over to pick things up. Why can you not bend over yet maybe you need some more physical therapy. Love you Lea please let me know if I can help

Morgan Owens said...

Embry and Nola are both so adorable, and getting so big! :)

I've never even heard of Mello Yello! Or whatever it's called lol!

cara said...

I'm sorry to hear you're still in pain. I'll continue praying they figure that out so you can find some relief. Meanwhile....we have those trash pickers (clean) if that would help you to pick stuff up.