Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Nola is 2 Weeks Old!

2 weeks old
on 11/9/10


Tony's mom left yesterday morning. Tony went back to work this morning. My mom came over at 7:30 am to watch Embry while I got to sleep in, which was very nice. She'll be back tomorrow morning for the same thing except she's bringing my dad along too. I don't think I'd be nearly as tired if Nola would just eat and be done with it, but it seems like it takes her an hour for each feeding. That means I'm up for an hour every 3 hours, meaning I only get 2 hours of sleep at a time. I'm tired.

Embry is really testing us. It's driving me insane. My mom and I took the girls to get pictures taken at Target today and Embry was less than cooperative until I bribed her with the promise of candy. Then once my mom left after Tony got home, Embry tried to do everything possible that would be 'bad' and I think her sole purpose was to send me to the insane asylum. She's cute, but dang, she's strong willed.

I'd like to go to bed at a reasonable hour, but I can't just leave the house in a state of disarray and actually get to sleep at night. So, up I stay, putting things away, doing little things that need to get done. Not to mention the entire list of things that I had to do before I had Nola, well...those things still need to get done. Oh and add in, thank you cards for my birthday, for the baby shower, and for Embry's birthday, plus Christmas cards and baby announcements. Tony's mom helped with the announcements while she was down, so those are actually mostly assembled and just need to be addressed/stamped/etc.

Embry's 2nd birthday party was on Sunday. It was lots of fun! I feel like when I host something, I never actually get to talk to people as much as I would like, oh well. Embry actually behaved rather well during the whole thing which was very impressive considering she declined to take a nap that day. The Elmo jumping castle/slide combo was a big hit and Embry played on it till the very moment they had to take it away. Only problem was that the little kids (and myself) had a very hard time getting up the rope/ladder to go down the slide. Basically an adult would end up pushing a kid up over the top instead of having them try to climb up, it worked out ok. I'm pretty sure I over-did it a bit though, feeling better now, but I think bouncing is not recommended for someone who had a baby 1.5 weeks earlier. Yes, now you can all say, 'I told you so.'

2 comments:

cara said...

Ugh...I know how the long feedings go. Hadley did that until she was about 3 months old. Hopefully Nola doesn't do it that long. I hope you get some sleep and if you need help addressing envelopes or anything let me know.

Rach said...

Okay, so you need to just send a mass email to everyone who gave you a gift at your birthday, shower, embry's bday or whatever and tell them that you appreciate the gift, but you just are so exhausted right now that you don't have it in you to write individual thank you cards. Nobody that gave you a gift is going to get their panties in a bunch about it and everyone understands that you truly do appreciate the gifts, but also understands that you have a ton of things on your plate, have a 2 year old adjusting to life with a new baby in her house, and are trying to do too much... So, just forget the notes. You need to take that "to do" and say DONE after you hit "send" on your mass email.